DP Web Design Policies
Quotations and Pricing:
- All quotations provided by DP Web Design are estimates, and may be subject to change based on project requirements and specifications.
- If the project appears to exceed the estimated value of the sent quote, the client will be notified and given a re-estimated value.
- Common causes for price exceeding original estimation include:
- Client requests to add extra features to the project that were not discussed in the original estimation.
- Enhancements deemed vital to functionality and professional appearance were added by DP Web Design.
- In-depth research of client specifications was not possible due to limiting factors, such as the original time involved to research for the quote exceeding the acceptable allotted quoting time.
- Third-party software or scripting purchases were required to complete the project.
- Any changes to the original scope of work may result in additional charges, and must be agreed upon in writing by both parties.
- Time Frame: All quotes provided by DP Web Design are valid for 3 months.
- A deposit of 33% of the total project cost is required before work can begin.
- The remaining balance is due upon completion of the project.
- If the project is not completed within 90 days (3 Months) due to client delays or requests, the remaining balance is still due.
- A deposit of 33% of the total project cost is required before work can begin.
Scope of Work:
- The scope of work will be outlined in a project proposal, quote or contract provided by DP Web Design, and any changes to the scope must be agreed upon in writing.
- The client is responsible for providing all necessary content (text, images, etc.) for the project, unless otherwise agreed upon.*
DP Web Design is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the content provided by the client.
* DP Web Design is not responsible for the content provided by my clients. The content on this website, including any copyrighted material, is provided by the client and is their sole responsibility. While I will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the website is designed and developed to meet the client's requirements, I do not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability of the content provided by the client, including any copyrighted material. The client is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary permissions and licenses for any copyrighted material that is displayed on their website. The client is also responsible for ensuring that the content on their website complies with all applicable laws and regulations, including copyright, trademark, and privacy laws.
- DP Web Design retains ownership of all design concepts and materials created for the client that are not inspired by the client's existing branding or materials, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
- The client is granted a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the materials created for their project, solely for the purpose for which they were created.
- The client may not modify, sell, or distribute any materials created by DP Web Design without prior written consent.
- Both DP Web Design and the client agree to keep confidential any information or materials provided by the other party, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing.
- DP Web Design may use the client's name and project details for marketing purposes, unless otherwise requested by the client in writing.
Warranties and Liability:
- DP Web Design warrants that all materials created for the client are original and do not infringe upon any intellectual property rights.
- DP Web Design is not liable for any loss or damage arising from the use or inability to use the materials created for the client.
- DP Web Design is not responsible for any loss or damage arising from the client's use of third-party services or materials recommended by DP Web Design.
- Either party may terminate the project at any time with written notice.
- If the project is terminated by the client before completion, DP Web Design is entitled to compensation for work already completed.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
- Any disputes arising from these terms and conditions shall be resolved through arbitration in Townsville, QLD Australia.
Pricing & Payment Security
DP Web Design operates on multiple payment schedules depending on the type of work you have requested.
- NEW WEBSITE BUILDS OR LARGE PROJECTS (Quoted Work): To commence work on any new website or large project DP Web Design requires a 1/3 deposit of the quoted amount. After all work is finalised by the designer and approved by the client the remaining 2/3 must be paid (or proof of payment, i.e. Bank Transfer) before the site goes live on the Internet or work is handed to the client. If you are on a payment schedule, the site will go live after the 1st installment has been paid.
- (*) 7 Day & 21 Day Payment Schedule (Under & Over $500): These payment schedules only apply if the work completed by DP Web Design was not quoted for (e.g. Site modifications, hosting, domain names, call-out, help calls, updates & upgrades). DP Web Design does endeavor to supply verbal estimation before any work has started in these situations, but they cannot be classed as official quotes but only as estimations.
- INVOICES UNDER $500 are within 7 Day payable*: Payment is to be made within 7 days of invoice notification unless special arrangements have been made.
Note: Failure to pay within 7 days of invoice date will result in a cancellation of your service (e-mail & website will be inaccessible). Reinstating your account will incur a $22 service fee.
- INVOICES OVER $500 are within 21 Days payable*: Payment is to be made within 21 days of invoice notification unless special arrangements have been made.
Note: Failure to pay within 21 days of invoice date will result in a cancellation of your service (e-mail & website will be inaccessible). Reinstating your account will incur a $22 service fee.
Security Capabilities & Policy for Transmission of Payment Card Details
- We do not collect and/or store your credit details as payment is processed 4rd party payment gateways or direct deposit.
Call Out Fees
- There is a call out fee of $110 (GST inc.) This is a set charge that includes up to the first hours work (timed from office departure). After the first hour, time is billed at a normal hourly rate (based on the percentage of the hour) at $110 (GST inc.).
- Depending on the type of domain purchased, repayments will fall annually or biannually, if you own numerous domains and receive a large number of separate domain & hosting invoices. We can arrange to have all invoices to be sent on the one date (either annually or biannually).
DP Web Design offers one main hosting package, this hosting package is for our clients only and includes website security, & backup. Read more about the package here: http://www.dpwebdesign.com.au/hosting
Security & DP Web Design Websites
- With increasing security threats against servers & dynamic CMS websites like Joomla and Wordpress, DP Web Design has no choice but to increase security on those websites it has developed & hosts. To achieve this, DP Web Design hosts all dynamic sites on a Australian VPS (Virtual Private Server), increasing security for all hosted D. P. Web Design websites.
What This Means to You
- Your website will be hosted on a server directly managed and controlled by DP Web Design, this only includes sites we host and does not include websites that attract hackers.
- Your business website will be continually backed up and stored at multiple locations to ensure the latest version of your website is continuously available and accessible.
- In the unlikely case of hacking or any other major problem with your website, DP Web Design will be able to restore it from the most recent backup within a very short time frame.
- DP Web Design offers low rate support packages so your website can be updated with the latest secure version as they become available to us ensuring ongoing high levels of security.
- In the worst case scenario if your site is hacked beyond repair and for some reason a backup is not available DP Web Design will rebuild your site from the start.
NOTE: we can not be responsible for content added by the client but only site functionality, design & setup as originally quoted.
Do I have to take this option?
- You are under no obligation to have your website hosted by DP Web Design , if you choose to host elsewhere we accept no responsibility for any problems or down time that you may experience as a result of problems with your web host provider. Should you experience any problems with your web host provider and require DP Web Design to troubleshoot these problems and get your site up and running, you will be charged at our normal hourly rate.
- If you choose to have your website hosted elsewhere, DP Web Design can provide you with a list of hosting companies with the clear understanding that you use these organisations at your own risk.
What if I have more than one website with DP Web Design ?
- If you have more than one CMS website with us then we will charge only $55 for every extra.
NOTE: Regulation for extra hosting being charged at $55 are as follows
- extra hosting is invoiced to the same entity or company name*
- extra hosting has to be invoiced on the same invoice & primary business
- extra hosting has to be invoiced on the same date as primary & business
- company or entity of extra hosting has to be supplied via seperate invoice
* Invoices are itemised, ess sample invoice Sample-Invoice-Multiple-Hosting.pdf
Host & Security Plan
- Joomla versions will be monitored and updated to the latest version within that major release (e.g. 1.5x, 2.5x & 3.x) moving to the next Joomla major upgrade (e.g. 1.5x to 3.x or 2.5x to 3.x) will incur extra cost if requested.
Components, Modules & Plugin Updates
- The third party extension will be upgraded to the latest version where available. Paid or subscription third party extension will be updated only via client request (fees will apply).
Hacked & Compromised Websites
This applies if the client has not taken the option of hosting with DP Web Design and purchasing a Hosting & Security Package.
- DP Web Design is not help responsible for any hacked/compromised websites. A site that has been compromised may be taken offline immediately by the hosting company until the problem has been fixed. It is also the customer's responsibility to make sure that any costs needed to make the website safe again will be chargeable to them.
- Visual Differences: Because of the nature of web design and programming work, websites can appear differently on different computers and mobile devices. Screen resolution, operating system, and browsing software are just a few examples of variables that may affect the way a website looks. The client must be aware of these possible variations and DP Web Design will not be held responsible for them.
- Browser Variations & Versions: While all completed websites are tested on all browsers, some older browser versions (e.g. Internet Explorer v.8 & v.9) while still in use are not accounted for in development as their overall percentage of use is too low. If the client requests older browsers to be included in development extra costs will be incurred. Some government, school & university computers may still operate on these older browsers.
- All artwork and page content should be submitted to your developer in a digital format. Extra charges will be incurred if DP Web Design has to copyright medium to large amounts of text from hand written content submissions.
Your website will be developed in (3) three stages.
- PRE-DEVELOPMENT: This stage will be to confirm all your site's requirements before development starts. You will be required to supply all menu titles, page information, site functionality requests, etc. You will be supplied with a help document to guide you with all information required.
- DEVELOPMENT: The designer/developer will construct your site on supplied information & requests.
- REVISIONS: When the designer/developer has the site to a client viewable state the site will be uploaded to a temporary server where the client can review that site and request changes. It is standard practice to allow up to 3 revisions before extra fees may be applied.
Project Time Scale
- The time scale of a project is generally dictated by the client. If you have a deadline in mind, we will endeavor to meet it for you. The most common delay in the creation of a site is waiting for content (text/images) to be sent to us by the client.
- Projects will be worked on in listed order from the DP Web Design Workload & Progress page to a point where projects are either completed or awaiting client approval, then the following project will be started. If the client has not gathered all of their information then the following project will be started until the previous client is ready to go. All smaller projects can and will be done in between the larger ones as to keep a good workflow happening for all clients.
- IMPORTANT: DP Web Design is not responsible for client momentum in supplying content & information. Client must supply initial content to DP Web Design within 3 months of deposit payment to enable commencement of the site and maintain project workflow. Project pricing and/or original quote may be reassessed if project commencement exceeds 12 months.
Changes Made During Development
- Any changes requested by the client outside the specifications of the Quotation/Estimation will be billed extra at DP Web Design's hourly rate. The client will be notified there change request will incur extra cost if that cost is over ¼ of the total Quotation/Estimation.
- After all work is finalised by the designer and approved by the client the remaining 2/3 must be paid (or proof of payment, i.e. Bank Transfer) before the site goes live on the Internet or work is handed to the client. If you are on a payment schedule, the site will go live or work is handed to the client after the 1st installment has been paid.
- 3 Week Grace Period: there is a 21 day period where minor updates can be made (at no charge) these updates include:
- Minor text changes
- Spelling errors in text & graphics
- Link errors
- E-mail linking errors
- Functionality errors
- Any changes requested that were not a part of the original quote or assigned work may incur the standard hourly work rate.
- Any errors found after the grace period that are obvious errors on behalf of DP Web Design will be fixed free of charge. This does not include browser or device updates that may break already tested websites or projects.
- Access to site after completion: DP Web Design may find it necessary to access your site after project completion for no other reason except to check components, modules, plugins or other functionality, unless specifically requested by the client in writing, not to do so.
After site or project completion and the grace period has ended.
- DP Web Design offers support packages (more: www.dpwebdesign.com.au/support-packages) with various hours & rates to existing clients.
- If you do not want to select a support package then all minor updates are timed in 15 minute lots (e.g. 15 minutes work = $22 (1/4 of $110 hourly rate).
Returns & Refund
- Please choose carefully as DP Web Design registers and purchases domains through a reseller. Therefore, when a domain is purchased (for you the client) there is no refund on that name unless DP Web Design has not yet had the chance to register the domain through the reseller. If (by DP Web Design ) the domain name purchased was incorrectly spelt or not what the client asked for (in writing or at DP Web Design's fault) the domain is 100% refunded.
- Hosting is purchased in yearly lots, once hosting is paid for and setup it must run the course of the full payment term. Your site can be deactivated, but no refund is given.
- Work completed is always finalised & approved by the client & designer before the bill is submitted, therefore there is no refunds on labor. Any problems or errors with completed jobs that occur after bill payment, will be fixed by the designer at no extra cost providing it does not extend outside the original work.
Project Deposits & Cancellations
- All deposits are refundable within 21 days of payment, less a 15% administration fee. After 21 days no refund is given if a project is canceled by the client for any reason, the client will be invoiced for any outstanding work hours if work has started and exceeds the deposit already paid amount.
- DP Web Design 's online service is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our web page at dpwebdesign.com.au remains private, and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
- A cookie is a small data file which is sent from a web server to a web browser when that browser visits the server's site. Cookies may be used on the DP Web Design website to remember your login, to track web traffic on an aggregate basis so that no individuals are identified and to keep session information such as your last search (this information is disposed of every time you close your web browser). Most browsers allow you to turn-off cookies. If you want to know how to do this, please look at the help menu on your browser. However, switching off cookies will restrict your use of our website.
- You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. We may have the right to charge an administrative fee for this service. If you would like to make a request for information, please contact DP Web Design in writing. You also have the right to ask DP Web Design to stop using your information.
- Please note that clicking on to links and banner advertisements may result in your transferal to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of DP Web Design . Visitors should consult the other websites' privacy policies as we are not responsible for, and have no control over, information that is submitted to, or collected by these third parties.
- Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
- DP Web Design delivers a majority of it completed work via digital data (e-mail, server, FTP or website downloads), if you would like your work sent by CD, CD-ROM, DVD, DVD-ROM or USB Memory stick please make arrangement with DP Web Design to make this possible. NOTE: a postage fee will apply if postage is used.
- Websites are generally made from thousands of files that can only run using specific server software, therefor are not normally dilevered to the client.
- DP Web Design does not normally send website workfiles (e.g. photoshop logo edits & banner images etc.) to the client but will produce these files to the client on request.
- You will indemnify us and our third party suppliers from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, demands, proceedings and expenses (including our reasonable legal fees) incurred by us or our third party suppliers arising out of, or directly or indirectly relating to:
- Any breach of these Terms;
- The use of the Services; and
- Your failure to comply with our Acceptable Use Policy (and any action we may take under our Acceptable Use Policy).
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about DP Web Design 's online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at .